I had a nice surprise this morning. There is a nicely shaped moth on a picture frame, inside our hall. I've not seen this one before, so I was very pleased. WS: 1.6 - 1.7cm.
Later in the day. it moved position. I got a better photo, so have replaced the first one.
My stamina and concentration have not fully returned. By the time I'd photographed it and spent a little time in the moth books, I was shaking and muddled. Could someone ID it please? I thought it may be a small Wave but...
ID Needed
For good measure, Anne found a Buff Ermine on the path yesterday. She bravely brought it to me. It was deceased, I think, a victim of our cat. I took some photos anyway. I love the colour of the Buffs.
Buff Ermine
Buff Ermine



2 comments:
I think its an Engrailed..........
That's wing span not forewing so must be one of the small waves. Will have a look later if no one has a go in the meantime.
Post a Comment