Friday, 18 August 2017

Stainland 18 Aug. 2017

1 x Udea lutealis
3 x Blastobasis a.
3 x Garden Rose Tortrix
1 x Light Brown Apple  moth
1 x Bee Moth

Udea lutealis

It took me a while to recognise the Bee Moth for what it was. All the others I've seen have had their wings folded over them. Also, the green shading was more obvious than on this one, particularly round the lower part of the wing costa.

Bee Moth

I'll be away in a few hours time, gigging at the week long, Whitby Folk festival. I've spent all day re-stringing and polishing the stringed instruments I'm taking. Cleaning and polishing the squeeze box and related instruments and finally oiling, waxing and polishing a large range of flutes. There's a pile of instruments waiting to be packed safe. I'm worn out, and aching but it's worth it. Who'd be a musician?

I shall be looking in on the blog via my phone or tablet during the week, to see what I've missed.

No comments: