Monday, 28 August 2017

Stainland 28th August 2017

Back from Whitby, still recovering from a hard weeks gigging and lack of sleep, but very content.

Several moths today:

3 x Garden Rose Tortrix.
3 x Blastobasis adustella.
2 x 2 Square Spot Rustics.
1 x Brimstone moth.

Dave put a nice shot of two moths on, which compared their sizes very well. I was quite envious. Now I have a similar one, the Brimstone with a Garden Rose Tort. I'm sorry for the odd angle. they got themselves behind our security light. It was not an easy shot.

Brimstone with 
Garden Rose Tort.

This is only the second Square Spot Rustic I've seen. The last one was at Whitby two years back. It's a lot paler than the first and quite worn.

Square Spot Rustic.

I'm not 100% certain of my idea on this one, hence posting it. I think it's a Eudonia mercurella.

Eudonia mercurella TBC.

I didn't think it worth posting a shot of the Blastobasis a.. We have seen lots of them.

It's teatime and a bottle of first class red wine now...







No comments: