Sunday, 26 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
4 comments:
Yes to Iron Prominent and the micro looks like Agonopterix arenella.
Thanks Charlie, I reckon micros will have to wait a while yet!
I know what you mean Nick, I know of a few seasoned moth-ers who leave micros well alone, but just remember some micros are bigger and/or easier to ID than some macros (pugs mainly).
I wouldn't discriminate between families if I were you, just do ones you feel happy with.Pyralids are a great introduction to micros with quite a few being "relatively" large and distinctive.
great stuff Nick, not a bean here last night, well 1 earwig,
can't seem to post any photo's lately but I've had
Purple Thorn
V-Pug and White-spotted Pug this last few days amongst the usual
Martyn
Post a Comment