This was on the sheet by the trap this morning, I guess its a Pug sp. but how on earth do you take it beyond that?!
Tuesday, 28 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
6 comments:
There is a book on pugs by Riley and Prior,it tells you all about the complexity of id'ing this very difficult group of moths.There are a few very distinctive Pugs but this could be 1 of many very similar species.You have to check there bits to be sure.
I think I'll stick to the macros for now!
Brindled pug for me that one
But its a struggle with many off them Nick.
(Hey just left sean in the pub, he says he's up for looking at moths and wants to pop over next time we are up at yours!)
Winston
Pugs are macros Nick - looks like you're stuck with them :-)
No problem there Winston, I'll probably see him tonight when I take over from him in the shop.
looks like Brindled Pug to me Nick, that's one of the easy ones
Martyn
Post a Comment