Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
1 comment:
Interesting to get a bit more information on Mr Collinson who I met a couple of times when I was eleven or so years old on overgrown playing fields near the viaduct on Copley -at the time a prime local site for lepidoptera. He was a nice friendly chap and a mine of information. I remember on one of these occasions I'd just found a Large Elephant Hawk Moth caterpillar which I took home. It pupated shortly afterwards but failed to make it to the moth stage, what did eventually hatch was a species of parasitic wasp, much to my dismay - and horrified fascination.
Post a Comment