I got an email today from Ian Hargreaves who traps in the keighley area ....
Keighley Moor keeps throwing up some nice surprises, Grey Scalloped Bar last night and recent counts of 20+ Glaucous Shears and 18 Light Knot Grass. I also got my first True Lover's Knot of the year last night.
I've also seen more Fox Moth males flying around than usual and three females to the light.
I used an Emperor Moth lure for the first time this year and a few weeks back gave up counting at 50 one afternoon. I tried it again this week and only got three so probably past their best now.
Many thanks Ian
5 comments:
It'll only be a matter of time before he gets Northern Rustic and moffers likem in extremely similar habitats (well here has an old upland woodland but more v similar) dont!
It should say like myself.not likem
And it should say moors not more
Nice one Edward we know what you mean...The was a Northern Rustic in Littlebrough not so long back...fingers crossed
That's only 5 odd miles away from here! Annoying!
Post a Comment