Saturday, 23 May 2020

Stainland.

Two moths thos morning.


1 x Brown House Moth. (Found in the hall). Quite a different colour to last year's find.
1 x Bee Moth.

Brown House Moth. TBC.
 
Bee Moth.

Also, in Robber Dodge yesterday, (22nd May):

In spite of a windy day, several butterflies were about. It's quite shelted in some parts, I assume that's what brought them out. I saw:

11 x White butterflies. 4 large and the rest small. No ID, for a change.
5  x Orange Tip.
3 x Small Tortoisehell.
2 x Speckled Wood.
1 x Holly Blue.

It was the highlight of my day. I was on my way home, when I caught sight of a light, powdery blue flash to my side. I stood very still, it flew round me twice, about 18 inches away. There was no chance of a photo. It's a shame, I've never seen a Holly Blue in Robber Dodge, in all the 36 years I've been walking there. In fact it's only the third time in my life I've ever seen one. Once on the Chiltern Hills, near Aylesbury and once at Cromwell Btm. I hope I get to see more there, and maybe a photo of the summer brood.

No comments: