A packed post from the last two days of 'moffing'. Hope some find it interesting, I shall do the Larva update first and then the catch reports after.
Larva Update:
I found a Clouded Drab larva as I mentioned in my previous post but I went out again that night and found a further 3 Clouded Drab larva and 1 November Moth. None of the Drabs were taken apart from the one I already had, the November Moth was taken for rearing though. Both larva are feeding well on the same foodplant they were found on (Wych Elm) and luckily it is the easiest to access tree here!
Moth Trap 19th May 2020
Hebrew Character x2
Rustic Shoulder Knot x1
Lesser Swallow Prominent x1
Clouded Border x1 [NFG]
Brindled Pug x1
ID Micros x2 Pictures attached
Moth Trap 20th May 2020
Poplar Hawk Moth x1 [NFG]
Buff Tip x1 [NFG]
Fox Moth x1 [NFG]
Bee Moth x1 [NFG]
Brown Silver Lines x2
Buff Ermine x1
Bright-Line Brown-Eye x1
Hebrew Character x`
November Moth
Clouded Drab
Bee Moth
Poplar Hawk
Fox Moth
Micro for ID
Thursday, 21 May 2020
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Excellent female Fox moth , which proves the point females fly at night and males during the day......
Thank you Andy, that is interesting. Have you any idea on the micros?
Does your micro have a size? Looks like Elachista atricomella but can't be sure.
About 11-12mm
Any idea on Bird Dropping Tortrix?
I've dropped CF a line on that one.
Your suppose to say wingspan or forewing length
Cf confirmed anyway. .
Oh wingspan, 12mm...
Cf confirmed tortrix got confused then silly me
Post a Comment