Saturday, 9 May 2020

Rishworth - Glaucous Shears and friends!

Came down the trap this morning (10/05/2020 (its 645am as I write this)) and looked quite busy so I anticipated delving in to the trap and I got:


Glaucous Shears x1
Pale Tussock x2
Pebble Prominent x2

  • Dark-Barred Twin-Spot Carpet x2 UPDATED...

Water Carpet x2
Common Pug x1
Red Green Carpet x1
Hebrew Character x1
Common Quaker x1
Grey Birch x1
Brindled Pug x3
Bramble Shoot Moth x1
Brown Silver Lines x1


Any comments welcome,,,,,,




                                                            Pebble Proinenent
                                                          Glaucous Shears must have come from the moors that surround here so closely and tightly, There is Anomalous over the road the moors are that close!
                                            Dark-Barred Twin-Spot Carpet
                                                       Water Carpet

6 comments:

AndyC said...

Great selection ,have another look at red twin spot..

Edward Evans said...

Are you suggesting Dark Barred??

David Sutcliffe said...

A great return there Edward.

AndyC said...

It looks like Dark-barred Twin-spot Carpet to me but some specimens are very difficult to tell apart.

Edward Evans said...

Yes I would probably agree with you because the Redness has no show, when I was going through the trap I thought they looked a bit dark. I am very pleased with this past few days, 5th VC record, Glaucous Shears and Pebble Prominents.

AndyC said...

Yes your having a great time at Rishworth....