Monday, 18 May 2020

Rishworth - Glaucous Shears and Co. no.2

A fantastic night here in Rishworth with 17 moths of 15 species. 6 were NFG and 1 NFY. These include a Pale Prominent which I believe is very scarce locally only being found at Cromwell Bottom I see from the Moth Report (?). Any comments Welcome...….


Moth trapping starting 2120 ending 0510.


Lists start now...


Pale Prominent x1 [NFG]
Common Carpet x1 [NFG]
The Spectacle x1 [NFG]
Bright-Line Brown-Eye x1 [NFG]
Flame Shoulder x1 [NFG]
Scalloped Hazel x1 [NFG]
Flame Carpet x2
Dark-Barred Twin-Spot Carpet x1
Rustic Shoulder-Knot x2
White Ermine x1
Brown Silver Lines x1
Double Striped Pug x1
Glaucous Shears x1
Common Marbled Carpet x1 [NFY]
Pale Tussock x1


                                                  Scalloped Hazel
                                                    Glaucous Shears
                                              Pale Prominent
                                                      Glaucous Shears - Same moth as second picture



                                                     Spectacle
                                                       Spectacle


                                                 Bright Line Brown Eye
Pale Prominent, I believe from the moth report the only currently known  breeding populations are in Elland and Brighouse so is this a good record?













5 comments:

AndyC said...

Wow what a week for Prominents........fantastic

Edward Evans said...

Am I right in think that PaleyPale Prominentsare scarce in Calderdale as not that much is written abou them in the moth report? Thanks,, I was pleased to get another Glaucous Shears.

AndyC said...

The only Pale Prominent records are in the moth report...I think they had a few in 2019 at Cromwell , but not got any info on those records so this one is about the 6th/7th Calderdale record ..you never know you may get a few this year as there are deffo on the increase locally..

AndyC said...

Also this is a very early record for Calderdale (May)the others are in late June /August so you may get them until late August with a bit of luck . Pale Prominents are pretty common in the rest of VC 63 , so they may just be under recorded in Calderdale...send one to Northowram please...LOL

Edward Evans said...

It is still sat on the house wall and it has been told now :-):-).

Cheers