Thursday, 13 August 2020

Rishworth - 9th and 12th August - Overnight Moths - Neglected?!

 Two nights worth of moths in this moth post, I have been slacking (Well actually avoiding new Blogger interface) in doing my posts so I'll shift it and do something. Anyway, Enjoy..........

I was really pleased with the vivid red on the Neglected Rustics, very beautiful...

Moth Trap 9th August:

Ear Moth Agg. x2 [NFG]

Ruby Tiger x1 [NFG]

Rosy Rustic x1 [NFY]

Ling Pug x1 [NFG]

Mother of Pearl x1

Riband Wave x3

Lesser Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing x13 

Lesser Yellow Underwing x8

Large Yellow Underwing x59

Dark Arches x12

Dotted Clay x13

Square Spot Rustic x6

Six Striped Rustic x7

Small Rivulet x1

Common Carpet x4

Marbled Beauty x2

Common Rustic Agg. x7

Yellow Shell x1

Common White Wave x1

Bird Cherry Ermine x27

Smoky Wainscot x7

Common Wainscot x4


Moth Trap 12th August:

Mouse Moth x1 [NFY]

Neglected Rustic x2 [NFG]

Brown China Mark x1 [NFG]

Silver Y x1

Lempke's Gold Spot x1

Marbled Beauty x12

Lesser Swallow Prominent x4

Dotted Clay x18

Smokey Wainscot x7

Small Fan Footed Wave x1

Riband Wave x3

Large Yellow Underwing x212

Lesser Broad Bordered Yellow Underwing x3

Lesser Yellow Underwing x11

Northern Spinach x1

True Lovers Knot x1 - Getting worn now.

Antler Moth x39

Square Spot Rustic x13

Six Striped Rustic x8

Bird Cherry Ermine x28

Dark Arches x17 

Pebble Hook Tip x1

Small Phoenix x4


Ling Pug, Rishworth, 9th August

Neglected Rustic, Rishworth,12th August

Neglected Rustic, Rishworth, 12th August



4 comments:

AndyC said...

Ear moth sp...CF may well Gen det these for you ....all Calderdale records so far have been Large Ear moths...?? I agree the red Neglected Rustics are a fine moth..even if they have a feel of autumn about them...

Edward Evans said...

Cheers Andy,, I might do one Ear Moth,, I'm definitely not going to be dissecting every moth!
Yes Neglected Rustic absolutely beautiful...

AndyC said...

It would be good to confirm that Large is the common species throughout Calderdale.. you never know ..!!

Edward Evans said...

If/when I get another I might send it off