Circumstances beyond my control, prevented me from posting the moths from a few days ago. I've combined both posts in one, with seperate records for each day.
6th. Aug.
First, my pride and joy. A new one for me, Pyarusta purpuralis. It has wonderful colours. I was so pleased to see it on the fanlight.

Pyarusta purpuralis.

Common White Wave.

Twenty Plume.
1 x Brimstone.
11 x Morbled Beauties.
2 x Blastobasis lacticolella.
1 x Eudonia lacustrata.
2 x Eudonia sp. (Unidentified. Unable to reach them at the time).
1 x Common White Wave.
1 x Common Footman.
1 x Twenty plume.
-----------------------------------
7th Aug.
A warm night producves a variety of moths.
Photos first again.
V Pug. (worn).
Willow Beauty.
I have NO ieda what the next moth is. It's quite worn. Also, I wondered if the colouring was iridescence caused by the flash. I looks art all the possible moths it could be, but couldn't make it fit. I was roughly the size of a Eudonia but over all was wider. ID for this one please.
Also:
2 x Brimstones.
7 x Marbled Beauties.
3 x Blastobasis lacticolella.
Note about 8th Aug.
I still have the Common White Wave, Common Footman. Twenty plume, one Brimstone and six Marbled beauties. It's a safe bet they are some of the ones which have been here for a few days.
Now, about the new bog interface. This post has just take me three hours to do. That is ridiculous. I was going to put my next post on my own blog. It will have 24 images. It's the images which caused all the trouble I had today. This new interface no longer inserts an image right and in the middle (left and right space-wise). It imports a large image, filling the area almost to the editor margins. When viewed in preview mode, the right hand third of the image has been chopped off. Making the image smaller in increments lets you(eventually) see it all. I am unable to left-right justify the text or the image. It seems to default to left justification. Then I discovered that there is a BIG space between each image. Correcting that, throws the text out. removing formatting meaning I start again, sometimes it works, sometimes not. Has anyone worked out how this thing works? It's driven me to distraction. I'm temped to give up with my own blog. HELP!

7 comments:
If you click on the image, there in the options bar is a picture of a grey box in the centre with lines above it. Click that to get it in the centre.
I have found it a bit tricky to begin with , but a bit of practice and its ok....
I agree with Andy.
hang in there Gordon. You'll get there. We need you on board !
Thank you all. I did find the options bar that Edward mentioned. (Thank you Edward). However, it only worked some of the time. I hate all this hidden stuff, created by fresh out of university I-know-it-all kids with their degrees. I've taught lots of them. They can't leave stuff alone. Nor do they see that tiny, pale grey fonts on white screens, changing the location, use and names of things that folk have used for a long time, is not clever, good, or desirable. They don't think about peoples vision deteriorating with age either. Why should they? They can see perfectly. I speak as a retired Solid State physicist. I tried hard to train PhD students to think about things from all sides and aspects and see into the future. I think I failed.
Well, we are stuck with it. As you all said, we must press on. Thank you. Your responses are very heart warming. By the way, anyone interested, should drop into my blog. in less than a week. IF I have managed to pull the genie out of the bottle by then,
This grumpy old man is now going to bed. Bah. Humbug!
I think the thing to do , is do a small post with a photo and mess about with the settings until you are happy and then do a bigger post with more photos...cheers
You are right of course, Andy. The golden rule of research is, "Do a test, see what happenes". I must be slipping.
Post a Comment