Thursday, 20 August 2020

Rishworth - Overnight Moths - 20th August - ID? and more Rustics!

 Not a bad night but I think heavy rainfall from 4 onwards slowed things down a bit. There is a fascinating ID which looks like Barred Chestnut.

Moth Trap 20th August:

Sallow x1 [NFY]

Setaceous Hebrew Character x1 [NFY]

Six Striped Rustic x1

Square Spot Rustic x7

 Barred Chestnut ID thing x3

Neglected Rustic x5

Autumnal Rustic x1

Large Y U x52

Lesser Y U x11

Lesser B Bordered Y U x7

Dun Bar x6

Dotted Clay x1

Bird Cherry Ermine x5

Eudonias 30+

Copper Underwing Agg. x3

Neglected Rustic

ID?? above and below


Sallow above Setaceous Hebrew Character below


4 comments:

AndyC said...

Interesting ..any one ID it yet..??

Edward Evans said...

FW 17mm. CF thinks odd Square S Rustic but I'm not convinced and don't agree.

AndyC said...

Yes the Oval is very circular..its a tricky one..will try and have a closer look later

Edward Evans said...

Worn Suspected?? Barred Chestnut???

Are all I can think of. It looks fresh to me though.