Friday, 7 August 2020

Stainland.

I didn't get to Ogden. I was struck down with one of my random guerrilla health problems. It sorted itself out in about 6 hours. When I was stable, I took a stroll down one of our many small green lanes.


I've put this post in front of last nights moths. I did this whilst it was fresh in my mind. Judging by the way I feel, I may not post the moths tonight. Sorry about that.

Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible. (One for the older ones on this blog).

 

Today, I came across:

24 x Gatekeepers.

6 x Large Whites.

4 x Speckled Wood.

3 x Red Admirals.

2 x Small White.

1 x Small Tortoiseshell.

There were plenty of bees around, including honey bees. A selection of hoverflies  and Common Field Grasshoppers. One jumped right across me, so I got a very quick look. I love to hear them.


Gatekeeper. 

Speckled Wood.

 

2 comments:

AndyC said...

Best year ever for Gatekeeper ..that is a massive count..!!

Gordon Jackson said...

Reaaly? I was thinking that at least one of you would have counted double that. Well, well. It made me wonder how many of them I never saw.