Common Swift
I think this is a Grey Pine Carpet, anyone got any idea
Scalloped Hazel
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
3 comments:
Great pics.
Winston
Hi Martyn,looks more like a spruce carpet to me ,central bar is more lumpy,on the grey pine carpet it seems more smooth on most of the 1s i get anyway,there dosnt seem to be much in the way of diagonal marks or streaks on the wing tips,but can also be a bit vague on spruce also,the wavy line just above the outer wing edge is present as on spruce,and theres quite a bit of white dusting around central bar area,hope this all makes sense,all the best bri.
cheers Brian, I always struggle with the Grey Pine/Spruce/Juniper Carpet group,
now how about looking at this big pug I've got
Martyn
Post a Comment