
Stigmella sp.?(C.Streets)

Glyphipteryx_fuscoviridella(C.Streets)
With only 2 Hebrew Character,1 Rustic Shoulder Knot and a Double striped Pug in the trap last night,I have found a small walk to the local wood a lot more rewarding the last few days,with full list below.Thaks to Charlie for photos.
2397 Panemeria tenebrata Small Yellow Underwing 2
391 Glyphipterix simpliciella Cocksfoot Moth 25
396 Glyphipterix fuscoviridella 3
321 Phyllonorycter messaniella 1
293 Caloptilia syringella 1
150 Adela reaumurella 150
140 Nematopogon swammerdamella 2
130 Incurvaria masculella 2
3 comments:
Andy, the stigmella will have to go down as ruficapitella agg. After checking features such as antennae segments, wing antennae ratio, looking for androconial scales on the hindwing I couldn't take it any further without determining the sex through dissection.Which went quite well, but the abdomen seemed devoid of any internal features - obviously not a job for the amateur.
I suspect rearing them from leaf mines may not entirely resolve the matter either.Features such as position of egg on the leaf and larval ID will be needed - unless of course you just send them all off to Harry !
Thanks Charlie I knew it was gonna be a tough nut to crack.Great little things .Will have to get some mines on Oak this season from the local wood.
looks like you have a great patch there andy,small yellow underwings are excellent,iv had no success with them so far and only 1 last year,roll on some decent weather.
Post a Comment