
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
6 comments:
I've never seen Dingy so not really the best person to comment but I have seen a lot of Common Footmen recently and it looks too washed out and lacks the well defined border of CF to me. It looks a bit "broad in the beam" too, forewings look curved at leading edge? I'd go for Dingy but would be more than prepared to be wrong!
Looking at those recently added second lot of photos perhaps I should change my mind? Dingy is a very fat fella!
Yep ,I reckon its just a common but its well worth checking them a Buff Footman was recorded at lowmoor last year.
Hi Andy
I recorded Dingy here in N wales a few years back and its distincly "chubbier" looking when you see it with Common. I agree that your moths is a rubbed Common
Dingy is sometimes refered to as a 'Melon Pip'.
Thats a useful piece of work nicely done
Post a Comment