Friday, 27 July 2018

Fly Flatts

An interesting morning.
I arrived early and checked the 80m length of Ragwort at the northern end. Not much doing at that time though it was cloudy. When I returned there about 11:00 and the sun scorching, the flowerheads were alive with all manner of insects including Antler Moths. I counted 84 but there were more as I'm sure I missed a fair number.


If the flowers do not fade too quickly then hopefully there will be some Haworth's Minors in a few weeks time.
Also on the Ragwort were..
Peacock x 1
Common Carpet x 1

I also followed this female Common Hawker ? (I think) for some time till it caught something and landed. I managed to track it down as it discarded the wings of an Antler Moth.

3 comments:

AndyC said...

That patch of ragwort looks interesting...........

AndyC said...

Bet its good at night with a torch and net....

David Sutcliffe said...

Just a little problem leaving the car unattended !