Saturday, 7 July 2018

Stainland.

I found a moth in the hall a while after I made the last post. Rather than confuse things, I thought I'd give this an entry of it's own.

I'm reasonably sure that the moth is a Eudonia murana, judging by the white spot on it's thorax. I'm happy to be corrected of course.

Eudonia murana.

4 comments:

AndyC said...

Lacustrata maybe.??

Gordon Jackson said...

Eudonia are a difficult group to ID, I know. I didn't think the colour was right for E. murana, but saw the light spot on it's thorax. I have looked at my E. Lacustrata photos, the marking seem to be different. I struggle with this species anyway, but I'm not disagreeing with you.

AndyC said...

Gordon , I dont know to be fair , but I think murana has not been recorded in Calderdale before and is rare in VC 63 so would need to be looked at under microscope to be sure either way..

David Sutcliffe said...

Share your frustration with this group Gordon. I’m getting several every night and keep having a go at them but find them so tricky. I usually err on the side of caution and dismiss them for now, though I keep the photos on the computer. Maybe one day !!!