Monday, 16 July 2018

Tar Hill

Thought I might chance an hour or so on Chris's site this afternoon. Mainly because I have never seen White-letter Hairstreak and his sighting recently spurred me on. I wasn't disappointed.
It took  a while before I found the target - a little beauty right in front of me.
White-letter Hairstreak

It was also a surprise to find at least 2 Holly Blue's. They were tricky, flying over the weedy area, stopping briefly then heading off over the beech trees not to be seen again for another 20 minutes or so. It was a while before I could be sure of their identity and managed just a few poor shots but enough to confirm.
Holly Blue
 
 
Also present
Small Copper x 1
Ringlet x 15+
Meadow Brown x 30+
Small White x 20+
Large White x 3
Red Admiral x 1
Peacock x 1
Speckled Wood x 2
Small Skipper x 6
 
Also a micro moth found in the grass - Udea lutealis and plenty of grass-veneer types including Agriphila straminella


1 comment:

AndyC said...

Sounds like a good spot for butterflys , must try and fit in a visit.....??