Friday, 27 July 2018

Stainland.

At midnight last night, I was locking the door. The stonework, door, and fanlight were strewn with Blastobasis sp. I counted 24. I was a little taken aback, I've never seen more than two or three at the same time before. I wasn't able to see if they were all the same species. The ones I could ID were Blastobasis adustella.  It was evidently party time for them.

Also, there was one Small Fan-foot Wave,  a very nice little Twenty plume and a moth I couldn't reach to ID. I don't think the neighbours would have enjoyed me clanking a pair of step ladders about at that time of night. A shame really.

Blastobasis adustella

Twenty plume.

1 comment:

David Sutcliffe said...

I had quite a few Blastobasis adustella as well last night and a few nights previously but not counted the notebook 'ticks' yet Gordon.