Monday, 16 July 2018

Holly Blue




Been chasing this round for a couple of days and finally got it , would not open its wings ....any one else had Holly blue recently.?? At least 6 Purple Hairstreaks yesterday evening at  Northowram.

3 comments:

David Sutcliffe said...

Done well there to get some photo's. I read somewhere that the 2nd generation has 15 black spots on the underwing and only 11 on the first generation.? (think I've got that the right way round)? ? Not sure where I read it though.

David Sutcliffe said...

Around 6 Purple Hairstreaks still about here but they don't seem to surface till afternoon ! I checked for some time in perfect conditions this morning to no avail then they started showing after 2pm. Last night they were still showing at 20:45.

AndyC said...

looks spot on for a second generation , thanks Dave did not know that.