We have lived here since 1974 with 2 large oaks at the back of us in Shroggs Park. I decided to have my tea outside in the sunshine but what are those butterfly's, about 8 of them, chasing about over the top and around the oaks ?
Camera, binoculars no good and eventually the scope. Purple Hairstreaks of course after I managed to get the scope on two of them resting on leaves in the sunshine. Brilliant, but why have I not picked them out in previous years, I'll never know but I bet they've been there every summer !!!!
Something new to find never ever disappoints. Made my day.
Also in the garden earlier today
Red Admiral x 1
Small Tortoiseshell x 2
Large and Small Whites in my neighbours brassicas !!
Saturday, 14 July 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Find the foodplant find the moth.....................well done ,,, all you need now is to find an Elm and get White letter H
Post a Comment