Wednesday, 22 July 2020
A search
I went to Oxygrains area today, I was searching for the moorland foodplants of Northern Rustic after I saw the remarks in the moth report of 'Get out there and find one' it prompted me to do so as I assumed that Oxygrains hadn't been searched. The reason I searched for the foodplant is the 'find the foodplant find the species logic' so I could find a possible site and come bck with torch and net as you need permission from landowner etc. I was unsuccessful, but for anyone else interested in this topic the foodplants are Purple and Yellow Saxifrage in Yorkshire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I meant you need permission from land owner to trap...
Well done Edward , hope it has the same results as your Anomalous search....... : ))
Many years ago now , when Bri L and myself first started we had 3 species which were at the top of must find locally , 1 was Brindled Ocre , 2 was Red Carpet and the most sought after Northern Rustic...found 2 but Northern Rustic........ still no show as yet....
Cheers Andy,,
Post a Comment