Tuesday, 7 July 2020


I was out this morning looking for Puss Moth larvae on a group of Aspens at Park Wood Crem, no luck there, but I did come across this weird little thing sat openly on one of the leaves - Stathmopoda pedella, quite scarce this far north. I think Paul had one at CB back in the day.

PS, if anyone knows of any Puss Moth cats anywhere please let me know, still not seen this species :-(

2 comments:

AndyC said...

I spoke with Paul the other day and send his regards...he used to say that he got Puss moth larvae most years at Cromwell/ Elland on Poplar and sallow , think it was the white sheet on the ground and shake the branch method.. : )) Nice moth...

charlie streets said...

Yes, he got in touch with me a week or so ago. He had a spare copy of the brilliant new larvae guide with Lewington's illustrations and kindly sent me a copy - should keep me busy for the next 20 years or so :-)
Will keep looking for the kittens.