Wednesday, 1 July 2020

Lee Mount - 1st July

Not a lot this morning but a couple of puzzlers ! Not much time this morning - to check later.
Barred Fruit-tree Tortrix x 1
Light-brown Apple-moth x 2
Dark Arches x 1
Heart and Dart x 1
Silver Y x 1
Dusky Brocade x 1
Wormwood Pug x 1 - puzzled over this one for a while - a first here I think
Garden Carpet x 1
 Wormwood Pug (?)
Wonder if curled up abdomen and dark bar across thorax are good clues to this species ?

 Dusky Brocade - (not very familiar with this moth)

Garden Carpet  - looking a bit worn


5 comments:

Gordon Jackson said...

I'd say it that it is a Garden Carpet.

Edward Evans said...

Deffo Wormwood

AndyC said...

did you measure the Pug ..??

David Sutcliffe said...

oops sorry I meant to put that on as I did check. It was marginally over 12mm individual wing length.

AndyC said...

Yes Wormwood not its smaller cousin...