Not a lot over the last few days
Dark Arches, Brimstone Moth , Large Yellow Underwing (but only one or two), Heart and Dart still turning up and an occasional Flame and Marbled Minor agg's
This morning -
Bright-line Brown-eye x 1
Blastobasis lacticolella x 1
Green Oak Tortrix x 1
Phoenix x 1
Bright-line Brown-eye
Then a couple to ponder over.
Could do with some help on this one. Thought at first Willow Beauty but it doesn't seem to entirely fit the bill - though it could be a worn individual (?) It was off before I could get a better shot and I'm not all that well clued up with this group.
Mottled Beauty
Eventually worked this one out below
Common Lutestring
4 comments:
Well, David, my money is on a Willow Beauty.
Sorry, I mean the first (top) moth here.
Mine was at first (with some doubts) but with the help above from Andy then 1, 2 and 3 - the scalloped outer edge to the hindwing leads to Mottled Beauty. Think it's a first for me, I'll check my records in the morning !
Second one with the first on 19th June 2017.
Post a Comment