Just got back from a few days in the Lakes. I was trying to photograph some dragonflies when one obligingly landed on my leg for a close-up. Do we get this species in Calderdale ?
Saturday, 15 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
5 comments:
I checked out a distribution map-
http://data.nbn.org.uk/gridMap/gridMap.jsp?allDs=1&srchSpKey=24393&col=Red&date=Dragonflies&sy1=1975&ey1=2007&sy2=1950&ey2=1974&sy3=1600&ey3=1949&oline=Black&refreshMap=refresh+report
Looks like they could stray our way. Has anybody any records ??
Take a look at Green withens Birding Blogg,one recorded there recently
Cheers, good news. I thought that we have lots of suitable habitat around Calderdale.
I couldn't figure whether green withens is the res near M62, or in the Howarth area though ??
its by the M62 and good read.
Saw 1 on warland drain about 5 years ago.
Post a Comment