

The thing with micros is i carnt get any decent photos,The tiny 1011 Pseudargyrotoza conwagana is a real gem and the other crippled one emerged from wood sage overnight,the only thing of note is its long snout and black/white coloration.???
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
4 comments:
Hi Andy, I just meant there weren't any records posted not people actually photographing them.Although I remember NMN last year and not one micro came to the light despite good numbers of macros - strange.
I'm not sure if this is relevant here Andy, but if any of my larva spin leaves together to pupate or do so in a leaf mine I always remove the pupa, under the microscope,as the leaves always seem to dry out and become quite tough and I would have thought that would hamper the moth in emerging. Coincidentally, I had just done this the C. quercana yesterday.
I guess micros are not as attracted to light as Macros or do most people not bother with there smaller cousins.??
I usually get at least 10 macros for every micro, although I must admit I just let them go
Martyn
Post a Comment