
Larvae in Sorrel(lep or not?)

1st instar 453 Honey suckle Moth

Tort.? any help will be appreciated
This blog has been set up so local people can find out what is going on in the world of Moths, Butterflys and dragonflies in Calderdale.If you have any ID problems put up your photo's and someone will try and help you to id it.
4 comments:
The miner looks dipterous to me Andy.The irregularly dispersed frass is a good clue. Moth miners usually have some kind of pattern to theirs.
I think the tort is Celypha lacunana.
Hi Andy
I agree with Charly on both counts. The larva is certainly dipterous and is possibly the one in this link and thus notable
http://www.leafmines.co.uk/html/newsletter20.htm
I am almost certain Charly is right with his ID of the tort but its definately one of the Olethreutinae.
Andy,got 3 very similar to that tort sp,over bilberry tuther day,orthotaenia undulana,i think ?
Thanks All,the link is very interesting thanks Paul and it has to be Celypha lacunana the pics on UKmoths are a dead ringer.
Post a Comment