Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Painted Ladies

Hi all
Just to let you know you may have another influx of Painted Ladies on the way. I did the same cycle route again today where we had possible thousands of them on the route. Today maybe 20 in the whole route so they must have dispersed, hopefully in your direction or some of them at least. On the Cotoneaster bush which had at least 29 counted at anyone time on Saturday today held none. Silver Y still around here though.

It might be worth checking thistles later in the summer if the Painted Lady influx continues has they have bred in Calderdale on the odd occasion but if I remember correctly these records were passed to me by members of the UK moths forum and I am not sure if they were noted down by anyone in Calderdale though I did pass them onto the HSS recorder at the time.

No comments: